Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tomato Mozzarella Kabob

Ingredients:

20 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
20 fresh basil leaves
20 small balls fresh mozzarella chees (often labeld bocconcini)
salt and pepper to tast
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
20 toothpicks







Presparation Instructions:

Using a tooth pick, spear a half of a tomato, a piece of basil, a mozzarella ball, and another half of a tomato.  Repeat twenty times.  Place on a serving dish and springle with salt and pepper. 

Mix the vinegar and oil together ina small bowl and serve as a dipping sauce.  Great as an appetizer before a meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment