Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Contest: Best Diabetes Recipies appear at New York City Wine & Food Fest

Submit your original diabetes-friendly recipe now through July 20th, 2011 at 11:59 PM for a chance to prepare your recipe with Paul and Mira Sorvino at the Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival!
Submissions should include text and may include additional photos or video of you cooking your favorite recipe. Paul and Mira Sorvino, a registered dietician and representatives from sanofi-aventis U.S. will judge the recipes based on how interesting, unusual or exciting the recipe is, whether it is easy to follow and if it's diabetes-friendly.
On August 30th, 2011 two finalists will be announced here. The finalists will be brought to New York City to compete against one another in a cook-off, with assistance from Paul and Mira Sorvino (Diabetes Co-Stars), to determine the winning recipe at the Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival on September 30th, 2011. Festival goers will act as judges, using their taste buds to choose the winning dish. Check back here in October to find the selected recipe and a profile of the winning chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment