Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Parmesan Peppers

"Add a little Parmesan to peppers and they go so quickly you can't keep them on the table." —Richard Andres, Tantré Farms, Chelsea, MI
 
Serves 4
June 2011
Parmesan Peppers

Ingredients

  • 4bell peppers (a mix of yellow, red, and orange)
  • 1clove thinly sliced garlic
  • 8thyme sprigs
  • 1tablespoonextra-virgin olive oil
  • Kosher salt and freshly gorund black pepper
  • 1/4cupgrated Parmesan
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon

Preparation

Stem, core, and quarter bell peppers; place on a baking sheet. Toss with sliced garlic, thyme, and extra-virgin olive oil; season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange skin side down in a single layer and roast in a 425° oven until softened, then top with Parmesan and broil until cheese is melted and peppers are slightly charred. Squeeze the lemon juice over peppers.

Nutritional Information

One serving contains:
Calories (kcal) 78.4
%Calories from Fat 52.2
Fat (g) 4.5
Saturated Fat (g) 1.4
Cholesterol (mg) 5.0
Carbohydrates (g) 6.6
Dietary Fiber (g) 2.5
Total Sugars (g) 3.0
Net Carbs (g) 4.1
Protein (g) 4.1
Sodium (mg) 128.8

No comments:

Post a Comment