Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Healthy Snacks . . . and Tea . . .

Real Age reports this week that the best snacks for staying slim are nuts and low fat yogurt  (both on my diet).  And that WHAT you eat matters more than HOW MUCH you eat.  Good news.



A related article states that drinking green tea helps you lose weight. Well, we've all heard this before, and whenever I hear it, I want to ask, "What about black tea?"  I really like black tea better than green tea . . .  So, the article goes on to say that they think the active ingredients are Catechins.





Hummm. I looked them up, and found an article that states that good sources of Catechins are tea, chocolate, red wine, apples, and berries.  It also included this chart.   Yea. I'd rather drink two cups of black tea than one of green.  Yup. That should work!  (Note:  I do eat chocolate that I prepare myself--will soon be posting my recipe, but currently not beans, any fruits except cherries, or cider.  The rest work for me!)

http://flavo.vtt.fi/catechins.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment