Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Answer to My Travel Breakfast Problem: Egg Muffins

Larysa at Self Magazine posted the basis for this recipe on Facebook for a lunch idea.


But I'm driving for three days, starting Sunday morning, taking my son to get him settled in college. Although I'm staying in hotels that provide a free breakfast, I won't be able to eat them on my diet. My son will, though! I was wondering how I was going to handle breakfasts on the road.







I'll make some of Larysa's Egg Muffins (with eggbeaters and a few of my own touches) and pack them in a cooler to take. Since I'm flying back, I'll take a collapsible cooler, and maybe just leave it with my son. He may be able to use it at school.


Pour one small carton of eggbeaters into a bowl and add

  • 1/2 cup of asparagus or broccoli
  • 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheese
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • Crumbled turkey bacon if desired



Pour into 12 muffin tins (I'm not really sure how much this recipe will make) and bake at 350 for 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment