Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Adobo Chicken with Bok Choy

You'll either love or hate this recipe. My hubby doesn't like it. My son loves it. I really like it too. It's the vinegar . . . good for you & a great dish if you're one of the ones who likes it . . . the vinegar tenderizes the chicken and is supposed to help your glocose levels. I'm testing it out . . .

  • 4 cups water
  • 4 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into large bite-size pieces
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 cup garlic vinegar
  • 2 Tb. paprika
  • 3 Tb black peppercorns
  • 1 Tb coarse ground black pepper
  • 2 minced garlic
  • sparce Tb pickling spices
  • 4 bay leaves
  • Baby Bok Choy

Comine all in heavy covered pan.  Liquid should cover other ingredients.  Cook on low for three-four hours.  Chicken should almost fall apart.

About fifteen minutes before the dish is taken off the stove, lay the Bok Choy on top of other ingedients.  Replace lid and finish cooking.


Cut up chicken

Cut up onions

Peppercorns





Paprika

]

Coarse Ground Pepper

Pickling Spice

Bay leaves
Minced Garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment