Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Coming Out of the Diabetic Closet

I'm changing the name of my blog and admitting to the world that I'm a diabetic.  I'm struggling with losing weight, finding out what I can eat to keep my blood sugar down, and still have a wonderful, exciting life. 


So far, the wonderful exciting life part is doing better than the keeping my blood sugar down part, but I have lost 20 lbs so far!


I think I'm going to buy a dehydrator and start making bread and cracker-like foods from veggies . . . as soon as I get my son off to college and get back from vacation.  I'm going to be very busy for a few weeks, so you might not see a lot of action out here at first, but I'll be bbbbbbbbaaaaaaaccccccckkkkk!




Coming out of the Diabetic Closet
Disclosure:  My husband says if I tell people I have Diabetes, they'll picture an overweight woman who eats candy all day. That's because he knows women at work who fit that description.  So . . .  although I think many of us DO NOT fit that description, and since I'm looking for a job, I am not posting my name at this time.  I don't want the fact that I am a diabetic popping up on Google, so, I guess I kind of still am in the closet. What do you think about that? How have you handled your identity as a Diabetic?

No comments:

Post a Comment