Why I Keep this Blog

When I first discovered my dietary restrictions, I felt deprived, but then I discovered that all Baby Boomers, in fact people of most ages, should probably be eating the same way to ensure a long, healthy life, and that I can still eat and cook very good food.

I don't even bother to go down many isles of the grocery store any more. Most of what I cook and eat is fresh. Very, very little is pre-prepared, and anytime I buy anything already processed, I read the label to inspect every ingredient that goes into it before it goes into me.

But I eat very well. These are recipes that fit into my diet. If you enjoy them, welcome to my collection. Cheers!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Grilled Sea Bass


I kid you not . . . the Sea Bass I made with this recipe tasted like lobster!!


By: ZSTYLIN on Allrecipes.com
"This is a truly flavorful dish with a lovely plate presentation. My mom and I experimented and made this for lunch. It came out so good I promptly went to the fish market so I could make it for my dinner guests that night. YUMMY!"

                              Ingredients

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • lemon pepper to taste
  • sea salt to taste
  • 2 pounds sea bass
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Directions

  1. Preheat grill for high heat.
  2. In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, lemon pepper, and sea salt. Sprinkle seasonings onto the fish.
  3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the garlic and parsley. Remove from heat when the butter has melted, and set aside.
  4. Lightly oil grill grate. Grill fish for 7 minutes, then turn and drizzle with butter. Continue cooking for 7 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 232 | Total Fat: 12.2g | Cholesterol: 78mg
Powered by ESHA Nutrient Databas

No comments:

Post a Comment